The Apareció Foundation is looking forward to identifying the next dynamic and committed volunteer leaders for nomination to our Board. Your participation in the nomination process will help to ensure that effected committee leaders are selected for Board membership. Please review the following criteria carefully as you select your nominee(s). We encourage you to either complete the form for self nomination or complete the nomination for the nominee(s).
- Nominee is energetic, curious, inquisitive.
- Nominee is innovative while also understanding resource constraints.
- Nominee has broad network of peers, contacts, resources and references.
- Nominee is free of any commitments/conflicts regarding the availability to attend the Foundation’s board meetings at regularly scheduled times.
- Nominee has an informed, reasoned approach to complex business problems.
- Nominee should have a clear understanding of the proper roles of those serving in a governance position combined with a willingness to “push back ” in appropriate and diplomatic ways to ensure that management’s strategy is in the right direction for the Foundation.
- Nominee is currently or has been professionally active in business arena* or
- Nominee is an entrepreneur who has completed at least three (3) years of successful business operation.
- Nominee has served as a director on at least two (2) boards of directors for corporate, civic or not-for-profit organizations.
- Nominee must have demonstrated strong leadership skills within their organization as well as significant community/civic involvement.
If possible, please include a recommendation from someone to whom the nominee has reported and from someone who has reported to the nominee along with the nomination form. Strict confidentiality is maintained with all nomination and nominee information.